Tuesday, October 25, 2005

10.25.05: Northeast Tour: Una Bagel con Shmear (aka I Heart NY)

I love New York.
(Descending into the 181st Street Subway)


I love the buzz, the hum, the whir, the sputter, the vibrating energy of the place.

I love that when I descended into the city's underbelly this morning and surveyed the subway car's rowed seating, every single person on the entire car was seated next to someone else of a different color, with a different story, a different departure point and a different destination.

I love that everyone knows what schlep and shmear mean.

I love that in a city where so many serious things happen, there is enough frivolity to account for an entire shop devoted solely to cupcakes and another one to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

(The Cupcake Cafe, Manhattan)

I LOVE New York.
And I am SO excited for the screening here on Thursday.

No comments: